Depending on where you live in the DMV area, you may have experienced some bad weather such as high winds, hail, heavy rain, freezing temperatures, excessive heat, and maybe even fallen trees or limbs. We live in a wonderful area; however, we do have the pleasure of having to deal with all the elements that mother nature has to offer.
If you are not lucky enough to avoid any of these potential natural disasters to your room, then at some point in time you will need to explore either repairing your roof or completely replacing your roof. We are going to go over the advantages to simply replace your entire roof instead of going with the repair option of the damaged section of your roof.
When To Repair Your Roof
- Most roof’s today are designed to last in excess of thirty years and are designed to withstand a significant amount of abuse from all elements. However, sometimes your roof shingles will still get damaged and need either replaced or repaired. If your roof is under 10 years of age, then it may be beneficial to simply repair the damaged section of your roof.
- If your roof is over 10 years of age, then it may be better for you to replace the entire roof. There are several reasons for this.
- Improved technology in the shingles and materials used. The more current your roof is, then the more current is the materials used for your roof meaning that they are more likely to be more energy efficient as well.
- Sometimes the cost of the repairable section of your roof can be expensive, almost to the point where an entirely new roof would be the most cost-effective option.
When To Replace Your Roof
- A new roof provides one of the best return on investment (ROI) that you can do to your home. It will add curb appeal, new technology, more energy efficiency, new look, and increase your property value all at one time!
- Safety is another reason to go ahead and replace your roof when things start to go wrong and you are continuing to do patchwork to get through the next season. The longer you do roof repair, and wait for the roof to deteriorate, the more dangerous the situation could become. In some situations, it will be better to just replace the entire roof instead of doing repair work.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are worried about your roof and its age, current condition or possible damage to recent weather or other circumstances, contact our Cheapeake Roofing professionals today. We offer free onsite evaluations, estimates, and can help ensure that your roof is in good condition for the foreseeable future.