A stable, supportive roof is imperative to the foundation of any home; our team at Chesapeake Roofing know this better than anyone. Some homeowners don’t know what signs to check for to indicate they may need a new roof.
In this post, we will discuss some of the signs that you may need to replace your roofing. Chesapeake Roofing offers a full range of roof replacement and repair services to improve the appearance of a damaged roof.
Signs That You Need To Replace Your Roof
- Statistically, roofing should be replaced every 20-30 years. After the 20-30 year mark, the roof may begin to deteriorate.
- You have shingle damage. If you are noticing cracks, streaks, or wear and tear on the roof, it may be time to consider a roof replacement.
- Staining or peeling of the paint.
- You notice a leaky roof. Moisture in the walls or roof can be hazardous for your health. A leaky roof can cause further damage to the foundation of the home if not taken care of properly.
- There is moss or algae growing on your roof.
- Damage to the roof valley If you are missing large chunks of shingles on the roof you may want to consider roof replacement.
- You notice shingle granules in the gutters
- You can see light through the roof when in the attic. The inside portion of your home can be exposed to outside elements which may cause further damage.
Free Replacement Roof Estimate
Chesapeake Roofing has been in business for more than 30 years, providing high-quality roofing services throughout central Maryland. We offer services for a shingle roof, low slope roof, and roof repair. Our team at Chesapeake Roofing will work with you to make your roofing process effective, quick, and easy. To learn more about our roofing options, call 1-866-607-2851 or request an appointment online.